IPA Classic Car and Bike Show 2014
Date: Saturday, 18 of January of 2014 12h00
Local: Cape Town, Western Cape
INFO & CONTACTS: http://www.classiccarandbikeshow.co.za/ - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Classic-Car-and-Bike-Show/221746500549?ref=ts
Bookings are now open for 2014 - 18 & 19 January 2014
The Classic Car and Bike Show is hosted annually by the International Police Association and after 10 successful years, the event has become a 'must do' on the Cape Town events calendar. The Show was conceived in 1999 when the Western Cape Region of the Association was looking for a method of fundraising for their various charitable programs.
The first Show, held in January 2000, featured only a handful of clubs, but it was clear from the first that this was a winning formula and over the next few years, the event grew steadily in popularity, both with exhibitors and members of the public. In 2006, the decision was taken to increase the event from a single day event into a two day event and to include Modern and Future Classics on the Saturday with Vintage Classics remaining on the Sunday. This decision allowed the inclusion of more clubs and increased the field of interest to intrigue the younger generation.
The main purpose of this event is of course to raise funds and as it grows, so the ability to help others grows with it. In 2007, R10 000 was donated to Robertson House in aid of victims of spinal injuries and in 2008, R10 000 was donated to the SA Burn Foundation towards the printing and distribution of their new Learn Not to Burn program for pre- and primary schools. In 2009, we were proud to be able to donate R10 000 to Tape Aids for the Blind, who we are sure will put the money to excellent use helping visually challenged people to keep entertained, educated and generally informed. Our 2010 charity was the Chaeli Campaign who also received R10 000 towards their amazing initiatives. As we prepare for the 2012 show, it is our aim to keep on taking this event from strength to strength and in so doing, continue to make a difference.
To participate in any way, or for further information, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Costs, Times and other General Enquiries
• CHANGES TO ENTRY FEE - The entry fee for the 2014 show will still be R20 per person, but from 2014 ONLY children under 5 will enter for free.
• PUBLIC PARKING is available only at Timour Hall Primary School on Gabriel Rd. Visitors are encouraged to park their vehicles there and walk down Timour Hall Rd to the venue.
• There will be no public parking at the venue this year. Only DISABLED parking will be allowed on-site.
• The show is open to the public officially from 10am - 4pm each day.
• There are no disabled facilities on-site.
• There is limited Halaal & no Kosher catering on-site.
• None of the vehicles from the Saturday display will be here for the Sunday display.
• Members of the public are welcome to donate to our Charity. Simply ask any of our ticket sales assistants for help.
• The venue is at the bottom of Timour Hall Rd, off of Gabriel Rd in Plumstead. For maps, please see the venue website at www.timourhall.com
• For any other queries not answered here, please feel free to contact us.